Monday, January 31, 2011

Fitness Tip #4

Yup
Definitely discouraged.
4 weeks = no weight loss
BUT
We did go bowling Saturday night and I bowled two games without my arm ever feeling sore!
I'm getting stronger.
I didn't exercise once last week. 
I know!
It kinda started off on the wrong foot with the whole ER thing and I never jumped back on.
But this week will be different.
I promise!
So here's my next tip for myself and you.

Fitness Tip #4

Drink lots of water!

It's about the only free thing left in this world: Calorie free, fat free, cholesterol free, and it comes straight from your tap!  Keep a water bottle* with you at all times and don't sip, guzzle.  Room temperature water is much easier to drink in large amounts than ice water.  Try it, it goes down better.  Women need at least 90 oz a day and men 125 oz a day, (that's approx. 11 cups and 16 cups respectively.)  Caffeinated beverages DO NOT count as part of your water intake.  Water regulates our body temperature, transports nutrients, acts as medium for metabolic reactions, carries away waste, and provides structure to our cells.  Even better, a body that is well hydrated feels less hungry!

*So a friend of mine just told me that she bought a new water bottle with a sippy straw (as shown above) and has fallen in love with it.  She drinks a TON of water because she loves carrying her new water bottle along with her and sipping up the straw:)  Hey, if that's the trick, go for it!!
p.s. I love the advertisement for these things
"Just bite and drink, no need to turn it upside down and squeeze anymore."
which is what totally sold my friend:)

1 comment:

  1. One more add... for every ounce of soda or caffeination you do drink, you have to drink that much more water to make up for it. This is a simple thing that everyone can easily do. I actually last week added a water bottle to my church bag and fill it every week (except fast Sunday) before I go to church. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete