Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's a Love/Hate thing

See this
It was a total life saver when TJ was a few weeks old.
He had trouble getting to sleep and then staying asleep.
This fixed that.
Now...
I want to take the darn thing and snip it into little pieces with my sheers.
He can not sleep without it.
He's getting big enough that he can break out of it.
Well that's great! He should just put his cute little chubby arms over his head like all babies do and go to sleep right?
Not even close!
His arms start flailing and then
He screams!
And then screams some more!
He is currently screaming which is why I am awake writing this.
He is not consolable
Does not want to be cuddled
But yet cannot console himself.
Death to the swaddle.
I seek revenge to whoever decided using this was a good idea in the first place:)
I end my Saga.

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear....I have one of those that I was excited to try out. This is giving me second thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Brooke:) It really was great when he was a new baby. I loved it. My advice would be to just try not to let him get dependent on it then you might forego this trauma:) You're getting close!!!!

      Delete
  2. My kids are swaddle babies too. Have you tried using a muslin blanket? You can get a tight swaddle that works a little better as they grow, I LOVE them and we have a ton if you want to try one let me know and I will let you borrow before you buy :) Noah still sleeps with his even though no more potato sack baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome Eryn! I'm up for anything right now. Where do you get them? And I might need to have a lesson on how to wrap them properly:)

      Delete
  3. You get them at Target, but they are a little pricey so for sure try them first :) call or text me and we will get together so I can bring one over, and of course show you how to lock him in tight :) 801-388-0214

    ReplyDelete