Thursday, January 5, 2012

Now What?

Today I'm feeling slightly lost and overwhelmed.
Overwhelmed? You ask!  How on earth could you be overwhelmed?
You just finished school.  You are staying home with your daughter patiently awaiting the 9 more weeks until your new little boy comes and you live with your mom.  How much more UNDERWHELMED could you be?
Well...
I've just entered into a completely new stage of life today and I'm not quite sure what to do with it or where to start.

My strongest emotion right now is that I miss my sweet little girl.
She has been a mean mean two year old monster machine lately and I really would like to have my easy going, fun loving girl back.
I am making her another video for her two year birthday and watching all of her sweetness from the past year which is probably the main reason why I'm feeling this way right now.
I know it's a stage, and this too shall pass, but I am feeling slightly out of the driver's seat.  I'm not quite sure what to do or how to help her return to happiness.
Even in her sleep she will yell profanities of "Noo!  Don't take it!!" and "Don't touch me!!"
You all may laugh and say, "Been there. Done that."  But it makes me a little sad and I am trying to be patient as we work through the terribly-independent-possessive-non-sharing-temper-tantrum twos.
p.s. she doesn't even turn two until next Monday so hopefully she'll move through this quickly:)

My next feeling can best be explained by this...

I have just completed a goal I've been working on almost my whole life.
It's a wonderful feeling, but now I need to make new goals, plan new schedules, and organize what I would like to do from here.
AND
if you have just seen the last few posts you can see that it has been pretty busy around here so there hasn't been a lot of time to think about it.
Well, today it's quiet.
So it's time for the thinking to begin.
I just need a minute to regroup as I transition into full time motherhood.
Disclaimer:  I may not feel like this tomorrow.  A mixture of lack of sleep, sinus infection, pregnancy hormones, and my family leaving all at the same time may contribute to my current thought processes.

1 comment:

  1. Monica you are a great mom! You will be amazed at your skills when it comes to handling two kids. I know the feeling about an unhappy child, it stinks! All Emery did this morning was cry and snuggle on my lap and cry again for no apparent reason. I am so happy you get to be a stay at home mom and I know you will be totally awsome at it. HEY you only live like 5 minutes away, we need to set up a play date for our girls. Well continue to think positive. I miss you my evil twin :)

    ReplyDelete