Monday, January 30, 2012

A 37 Month Celebration

I am a big believer that husbands and wives should take some time to their selves at least once a year.  No matter the excuse: we have kids, we don't have kids, we have money, we don't have money, we have time, we don't have time...
Ok you get the point.
But I think it's very important to have those moments where it is just the two of you.

We happened to decide to get married on Dec 27th, aka the busiest time of year, so we had to postpone the anniversary get-a-way for a month and celebrate it on Jan 27th instead.
So 37 months of marriage was our magic number:)

It started out with a nap.
How lovely is that!
It wasn't supposed to be that way, but when you're 35 weeks pregnant I say that naps are mandatory.
After my little snooze we headed up to the place where it all started.
The beautiful Bountiful Temple. 
I've always felt that sealings are very appropriate for celebrating an anniversary, but in my current condition, kneeling for long periods of time was probably not the best choice.
I was a little bummed knowing that I wouldn't be able to sit and hold my hubby for our entire temple experience that day, but accepted the facts.
When we got to the recommend desk of course there was a sign informing us that sealing participants were needed.  I thought "Thanks, way to rub it in!"
Then the sweet man at the counter asked if we'd like to do sealings.  Targhee explained that I was large with child and it probably wasn't the best idea.
The man said, "Well, just have them move a chair up for you to sit down!  You don't have to kneel."
What?
This I did not know.  
How perfect!
See the Lord even cares about petty little things like holding your husband's hand on your anniversary celebration:)
We had a lovely session and then headed north to the Ogden Canyon.

We had dinner reservations at the Grey Cliff Lodge.
Such a cute little place and so yummy!
I picture it a little like coming home to grandma's house. (I've never had a grandma, but if I did, that's how I imagine it being).
Awkward shot of us trying to hold the camera and pose across the table.


Desert is included with your dinner.  
(Why haven't other restaurants caught on to this fantasticness yet?)
They put candles in our pies and said "Happy Anniversary!"
(It reminded me a little of our honeymoon cruise ship experience where they gave us a desert lit with candles and sang "Happy Honeymoon to you!  Kissy! Kissy!" and made us hide behind our menus so that we could smooch- lol)
Anyway, we laughed and blew out the candles.
I started pulling mine out and then it lit up again.
Oh great!
They actually gave us trick candles!! lol
I didn't know people still did that.
After a few pitiful attempts, I finally doused them in water so I could scarf down my pie. 
(As if I was even hungry!)

We stayed the night at the Alaskan Inn.
The rooms are all themed and we happened to be staying in "The Alaskan."
We're dorks and like to have fun with pictures and the decor in our hotel rooms.

Yes, it even comes with a life sized bear.


My personal favorite...Every room has a Jacuzzi!

We were just getting settled and I went into the bathroom,
(surprise surprise, I have to go about every 10 seconds)
and the toilet wouldn't flush.
Just what I've always wanted on our anniversary... my husband plunging a toilet that doesn't even belong to us!
I said, this is stupid we didn't pay to plunge toilets all night.
I went to the front desk to let them know and the only thing they could do was put us in another room, luckily, they had ONE that was not taken that night (I know she wasn't lying because the keys were displayed right in front of me.)

So we moved to the "MOTHER LODE" lol
I don't know if you can tell from this picture but it is decorated like a mine shaft and the bed is actually stuffed back into the mine.  Not to mention how high it was because it was supposed to be a mine cart.  There was no way I could jump into it so I had to have Targhee heft me up lol and then realized that wasn't really practical and used a chair the rest of the time:)


We thought it was comical.


Yes, there were even bunches of dynamite. 

We enjoyed our stay and the complimentary movie supply in the lobby.
I made Targhee watch a family favorite, "The Cutting Edge" :)  and then I fell alseep while he watched "Air Force One."
They serve breakfast in bed, so our wake up call was a delicious hot breakfast right to our door.
Pretty Fantastic!

The "waterfall" coming out of Ogden Canyon.

We stopped at Fat Cats and played a few rounds of pool.
Targhee took a billiards class last semester so he was looking forward to showing me his newly acquired mad skills.
Too bad I beat him the first game:) 
(and no, it wasn't by default of the 8 ball or anything like that, it was true and legit!)
He was pretty annoyed by that and had to royally kick my trash the rest of the time.


Warning: Random Side Note
Leilani is in this funny shark phase.  
Anything that is scary to her is a "sharky."  
So if Targhee growls at her, which he often does, she'll say, "No Sharky!" or if she goes into a room without any lights she'll run out and say, "No Sharky!"
Anyway, Targhee thought it would be funny to traumatize our child into thinking that a shark was going to eat him.  She was a little concerned about the picture, but got over it much more quickly than I had anticipated:)

We walked by a photo booth and decided that we had never actually had our picture taken together in one before, so...What the heck!

We ended our event at the movie theater with 
(can you tell we like movies:) 
and headed back home to our beautiful little girl.

Thanks Targhee for a wonderful weekend!
I look forward to many many many more!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea. :) Happy (late) Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! This post cracked me up, high beds are not designed for pregnant women! I'm glad things are going so great for you guys! You will have a new baby soon, eek!!!!

    ReplyDelete