Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Big Two Year Old

Leilani finally turned 2 yesterday!
I say finally because I've been calling her a two year old for almost 6 months now:)
She just seems so big to me.
We had family over Sunday night to celebrate.

Her cake
Who else but Cinderella of course:)
I had fun making it even though the finished product is never as grand as I have planned out in my mind.
The first time she saw it she said, "I can't have two Cinderellas!  That one is too big."
So in her little mind, this one was for mommy and the Cinderella piggy bank she got for Christmas was hers:)
After we explained that it was a cake so we get to eat it, she felt better about the whole situation and now carries around the Cinderella barbie everywhere.



She was already broken in during Christmas about present opening so as soon as she saw the big pile of gifts she exclaimed, "I want to rip it!"
Then with each gift she would say, "I want to wear it!" or "I want to open it!"
She was quite happy with her loot and a very grateful, congenial gift receiver.
She loved being in the spot light.


I love that everyone else is also puckering up to blow out the candles:)



She picked out her princess outfit for the occasion.
I also made a video of her second year of life that we played while everyone ate their cake and ice cream but I can't get it to load right now so...some other time:)


Then on Monday, her actual birthday, Mom and Dad made her pancakes and eggs for breakfast and played with her all morning.
That night we went to Chuck-E-Cheese with Gramma and Papa Bishop. 
(I told her to cheese it like Chucky would)

There was no way she was going near this thing, but she waved from afar.

The only ride she actually sat on.

She did this practically the whole time because she's afraid of moving objects.  All she wanted to do was play in the jungle gym, but the steps were too tall for her to climb up by herself.  SOoo- Gramma came to the rescue and got in the tube to push her up:)

There she is finally enjoying the event:)


Happy Birthday Leilani!!
You are very loved by all who know you.
You bring a ray of sunshine where ever you go...even on your grumpy days you still make us laugh.
We are so glad you are a part of our family.
Thank you for teaching us so much.
We love you!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You are such a good mom! Also, I am super amazed by your cake skills, I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete