We've been going to a lot of parks lately with the weather finally getting warm, YEAH!!!
Leilani likes to play for a few minutes but then is ready to do something else. I noticed some mothers bringing sand toys to the playground and thought...Genius!
So that's what we did today.
I also wanted to tell you about another way to play in the sand if your like me, living in an apartment, or just don't want to buy a big truck full of sand and deal with it in your backyard.
Get one of those shallow storage tubs and fill it with a bag of sand. When you want to play, take it out on your deck. Then when you're all done you can snap the lid on and store it in the closet. Cool huh!
Also, we've been working on our colors lately. That is sure a hard concept for kids to grasp. I mean if you think about it from their perspective it doesn't make sense. It's a circle. Yes, but it's a yellow circle. It's a circle. Yes, but it's a green circle. To her, it already has a name. So we pulled out her bucket of toys and color coordinated. Her answer is still "Blluuuue" to any color question, but hey, we're working on it:)




ha ha Blue was Clara's standard color answer too until about 3 weeks ago, I think she's finally caught on. I worked so hard with her and it never seemed to sink in until one day she said it's my pink plate and low and behold the plate was pink :)
ReplyDeleteMia thought everything was pink :) My mom who is a smart lady (and an early childhood educator) told me that if I wanted her to learn her colors, the best way was to not really work on it but just add colors to everything we already saw and talked about. So I started doing it, like wow look at that yellow bus, and here is your red cup, and I love your white shoes and sure enough she learned them lickety split, and Grace did the same thing! I was amazed at how fast they picked it up, especially since all it took was for me to stop working at it, or so they thought he he. Kids are funny :)
ReplyDelete