Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It Begins

I started Weight Watchers today and guess what!!
I feel GREAT!
I've done really well today with sticking to my points and I'm not even hungry:)
I was a little nervous that I would be starving all the time, but I feel comfortably satisfied which is funny because I haven't felt like that in a long time.
It's all mental really.
I think I really am going to be able to do this.
I'm excited to see what changes are to come and hopefully we'll see some soon!

Fitness Tip #7
Learn to love the produce department of your grocery store
Most produce will store at least 2 weeks in your refrigerator, fill it up!  Wash and prepare your fruits and vegetables after shopping and leave them out for your new convenient snack.  Put prepared produce in bowls instead of in the crisper, so you will see it and choose it.  Fresh fruit is great, but often high in calories due to the sugar content.  Settle for half the orange or apple it if is large, leaving the extra calories for your protein to complete the overall snack or meal.  Vegetables, on the other hand, are very low in carbohydrates and calories, but high in fiber.  These are a great way to fill in the gaps of adjusting your portion control.  Take less of the main course and more of the veggies!

I think I'm going to be able to catch on to this one.  Fruits and Veggies are FREE with the weight watchers point system so I'm going to be beefing up a lot more on my produce:)

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea... the nice thing is that it's summer so there will be a lot of fresh, free fruits and veggies around. I'm proud of you :-)

    ReplyDelete