Leilani and I were on vacation last week so there wasn't a lot of need for extra activities to keep us busy. And yes I said, "us." These activities are just as much for me as they are for her:)
But there was a little down time one day where Leilani was feeling like she needed a little somethin somethin. So, we pulled out the Cheerios and a piece of ribbon and went to work.
I wrapped a piece of tape around the end of the ribbon to make it pointy and let Leilani string the cheerios into a necklace.
She was much more interested in eating the cheerios than the actual making of the necklace, but it was good practice for those little developing fine motor skills.
I was going to use yarn for the string, but realized afterward that it probably wouldn't have worked very well because Leilani slobbered all over the ribbon and it still held together. I don't know if yarn would be so sturdy.




No comments:
Post a Comment