Monday, March 28, 2011

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

It is nearly impossible NOT to sing that song when you are actually going to go fly a kite:)
This is one of the activities we did during our not so springy spring break.
It has been really rainy and stormy all month.  But when it's not raining or storming, there's a little breeze to make it perfect kite flying weather.
We set off to go to the elementary school just down the street and were laughing as we were walking because there was not ONE little tiny breeze.
Normally this would not bother me in the slightest.
But we wanted to fly a kite darn it!
When we got to the park/elementary school it dawned on me that although it was our spring break it wasn't the elementary's.
I didn't think they would appreciate us taking over their playground while school was still in so we laughed at ourselves again and turned around to walk back the other direction to a church field.
(Everything is very funny when you are pretending you don't have any responsibilities or cares in the world, which we were doing for the majority of our break)
Leilani was adorable to watch and had fun chasing the 20 foot strings hanging from the kite.
Targhee was hilarious to watch as he ran around the field trying to give our kite some lift
and I was almost painful to watch as I tried to be coordinated and follow Targhee's example.





Success:)

3 comments:

  1. I just noticed you are at the park right by my Condo. Funny I didn't know you lived in the Terrace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had read that you lived in the Terrace but I didn't know exactly where. Funny:) Are you actually in your condo at the moment? I know you've been nomads for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya we are here right now. But we are trying to sell and we are leaving for Ohio in two week to live for 4-5 months.

    ReplyDelete