Monday, March 28, 2011

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Isn't it funny how if one thing goes wrong there seems to be a domino effect for the rest of the day.
Well that was my day.
I like to eat my cereal while I check my email in the mornings and Leilani likes to hover at my feet begging for bites.
Apparently I wasn't being efficient enough because she reached up and got her little fingers over the edge of my bowl and tipped the whole thing over
Milk and frosted mini wheats went splashing down my computer desk on my pants and onto the carpet while I screamed, "No No No!"
She had no idea what she had just done so I tried not to get upset at her.
Welp, no use crying over spilled milk... ba ha!
Later that day I was fixing her hair and noticed it was time to give her bangs a trim.
She has somehow developed a fear of scissors because as soon as I pulled them out she started freaking out.
So I wrestled with her to try and cut her bangs.
Never a good idea.
The bangs got cut too short and completely crooked.
Welp, hair grows back.
Nap time.
Leilani's not interested in falling asleep.
She's usually very good about bed time, whether it's at night or for a nap.
I know, I'm spoiled.
but she fought and fought it.
I finally got her to sleep thinking that I have at least a good 2 hours to get some things done.
The house needed cleaning desperately
I needed cleaning, desperately:)
I needed to make some cakes for my Mom's birthday
I had some homework that I knew I wouldn't get to any other time
I was speaking in church the next day and needed to work on my talk
Hmmm...what do I start with first?
(that's always my biggest issue, by the way)
I started with the house.
Room clean...check.
kitchen picked up...check.
Now for the bathroom.
I was scrubbing away at the sink when I heard noises from Leilani's room
What?  NO!  It's only been an hour!
Welp, not much you can do about that.
Targhee got home from work and I put him on Leilani duty while I started making the cakes.
I should have expected from the previous events of the day that my endeavours in the kitchen wouldn't be any different.
I started with the carrot cake.
My mom loves carrot cake.
Everything was going really well.
I got a yummy recipe from HERE
I should have also remembered that I'm not a very good mulitasker in the kitchen.
I was making chocolate cupcakes as well so in case some of the family didn't like carrot cake there would be more options
I got a yummy recipe for cupcakes from HERE
And you know how recipes have specific orders to add the ingredients in?
Well apparently it's important to follow that because if you don't, this happens
It may not look like anything is wrong but this is supposed to be CHOCOLATE cake batter.
Of course I started stressing out and Targhee tried to sooth my worries and said "Why don't you just try cooking it like that?"
You can't tell very well from this picture but there are lumps of cocoa in the batter
I asked him if he had ever tasted cocoa before.
He hadn't so I took the opportunity to give him a taste:)
It's horrible!!
I said, "If I cook it like this you are going to bite into a clump of that!"
He agreed that I better just throw it away and start over.
So I did.
I didn't have enough ingredients so off to the store we went.
I started over and
See the difference?
So after about a six hour interval I had finally finished my cakes.

Sheesh!
I asked Targhee to remind me never to volunteer to cook for my family again.
It stresses me out too much:)

3 comments:

  1. hahaha I love that Targhee suggested you cook it anyway. Rob would totally say the same thing and well done proving your point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.... sometimes husbands just don't understand! And I do have to agree that when it rains, it pours. Things always seem to come up at once :-) At least you can have a good attitude about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your awesome and I love the cake looks very yummy. My Birthday is in september.ha ha

    ReplyDelete