We had a pretty fun Halloween this year. I think holidays have cycles. When you are a kid holidays are magical and looked forward to with endless excitement, but the older you get the more the excitement lessens. And then as a missionary the holidays are like, "Huh? Today's the Fourth of July? Ya missed that!" BUT then you get to have your own kids and the holidays start to be exciting again.
We decided to be the Flinstones this year simply because of this...
How could I pass up such an opportunity?
I made a simple little costume from my mom's scaps and searched all of Ogden for a bone, finally finding the perfect one at Fun Daze. Frew!
We got our money's worth out of the costume (which ended up being a grand total of $2 for the bone:) because pebbles got to dress up FIVE times. That's right! We were party animals this year. Last Friday my friend Sierra had a dinner party, then Tuesday our ward had their Trunk or Treat, Wednesday RC Willey (Targhee's work) had their Trunk of Treat, Friday my Mom had her Halloween party and my friend Michelle had her party, and finally Saturday was Targhee's parent's Trunk or Treat. If I had taken full advantage of the candy offered we could have been set for a year! But, I decided it was best to be comsumed by other children whose metabolism is much better than mine:)
Here are some pictures of our Halloween fun
Fred, Wilma, and Pebbles Flintstone












I love the necklace you have!! is it costume jewelery? or an actual necklace?!
ReplyDeleteWe had so much fun! Thanks for bringing the game.... And I did love your thrifty costumes too. You amaze me :-)
ReplyDelete