What do a bathtub and a tooth have in common?
They both cause grumpiness.
They both cause grumpiness.
Leilani is getting her fourth tooth so she has been a little under the weather lately and she doesn't like to do it quietly. I can't really blame her. I'm a complainer too. She must have got it from her mom. I've been letting her suck on ice cubes and Tylenol doesn't seem to be doing much. Does anyone have any suggestions that worked for their kiddos?
This was at the grocery store today. She was a beast the whole time. People were choosing different aisles to go down just so they wouldn't have to listen to her scream. She has a problem sitting in the cart the correct way anyway. Even with the belt on she will still wiggle her way out and stand up. A lady even had the audacity to say, "Oh are you not happy? (to Leilani) She's trying to climb out of the cart. (to me)" I gave her a half hearted smile and said, "Yup! She sure is." Anyway, I finally gave in to the bad Mom side and let her get in the back of the cart. People were looking at my strangely but whatever.
This is her tonight. (p.s. she never cuddles!) My life saver at the moment is her favorite movie (she claps and does a dance every time I turn it on)
Yup, Baby Einstein Day on the Farm
So, what does a bathtub have to do with grumpiness, you ask? Usually it doesn't. Usually it's a place of serenity and quiet peace after a long day. In fact, soaking in a long hot bath sounds heavenly right now, but yesterday right before church our drain clogged. Fantastic... Targhee worked on it the best he could but to no avail. Luckily we are renters so all we have to do is call our maintenance guy and over he comes, but after lots of banging and clanging he called me into the bathroom with bad news. He's going to have to cut in from the ceiling of our downstairs neighbors and reach the pipe from there. He said, "It shouldn't take more than a day", but I know better than to believe the estimated fix it time from a fix it man. I've been around my mom's remodeling enough to know that these things always take longer than suspected. So we'll see how we do without a bathtub for a while... if you pass us in the next few days, just ignore the smell.
This picture cracks me up. "Hey Dad! Whatcha doin? Can I help?"









PS I have the same problem with addi and the cart and as long as the back of the cart is tall enough that she cannot tumble out on her dome I let her, or she ends up climbing out of the belt in the front, so I'm right there with you. Have you tried orajel? You can get it in a tub and on qtips. I just get the tub and put it on a qtip. My kids are HORRIBLE with teething too!! Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteYup, try the orajel. Or there's Hyland's teething tablets you can put under her tongue, they dissolve quickly or the gel you rub on her gums. It's supposed to numb the area some. I've got some tablets, I can get them to by Monday. :) Oh, and I have found that for aches and pains like this, motrin works better for little ones than tylenol. For fevers: tylenol, but teething and owies: motrin. Good luck, can't wait to see you, even if you smell or Leilani is grumpy. At least she has an excuse. Carter's not teething, but he's still Mr. Grumpy pants. Unless of course he's wearing his spiderman or Captain American costume. Hey, brilliant-I think we'll bring the get-ups with us!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteO- Monica, Leilani is so so cute! It is so crazy how fast they grow ha? Teething is no fun, good luck! Your little family is so cute!:)
ReplyDeleteMonica, lol you're a gem! And you're so funny. :) You are TOTALLY welcome to come shower/bathe at our house!! I'm not even kidding. It is almost always just me and Logan here anyway. :)
ReplyDeleteIt used to make me cry when my nieces and nephews got their teeth. They are miserable and you can't really do anything for them. Remember, having a crying baby does not make you a bad mother (not was I was insinuating in my FB post the other day). My point was that their kids were old enough to have been taught better. Leilani is still learning, and has a reason to cry. Poor baby :-(
ReplyDeleteYou are alwys welcome to chill and bathe at our house. Plenty of room here! :-)