Thursday, November 18, 2010

I wish...

I wish I understood my daughter better.
I wish I knew what made her happy.
I wish I knew what made her sad.
I wish I knew why when she is crying she doesn’t want me to hold and cuddle her but she doesn’t want me to put her down.

I wish I knew what pains she feels and how to ease them.
I wish I knew what food she likes and when she is full.
I wish I knew what thoughts she has when she stops and looks off in the distance for a period of time.
I wish I knew the special gifts she’s been given and how to help her develop them.
I wish I knew if she remembers her Heavenly Father and how much He loves her.
I wish I knew if she knows how much I love her.
I wish I knew if she knows I am doing the best that I can.
I wish I knew how to teach her all the things that Heavenly Father wants me to teach her.
I wish I had known the love of a mother before…

1 comment:

  1. My dad used to tell me all the time "Kids should come with instruction manuals!" Ha ha I cannot even imagine the difficulty of teaching, raising, and taking care of another human being whose very life depends on you. If it makes you feel better, I think you are amazing with her and even though you aren't, you will probably always feel inadequate. You are truly a mother of Zion :-)

    ReplyDelete