Friday, November 12, 2010

Birthday! Birthday! Who had a birthday?

I DID!!
And it was fantastic.  When birthdays are on Monday that means you get to spend the whole weekend partying:)  Targhee took me out to dinner Friday night to an "authentic" Italian restaraunt called Zucca's.  It had gotten the best resaurant of Northern Utah award so I wanted to try it.  I'm sorry to say I was disappointed.  I guess I'm not a true Italian because the food didn't hit my "oh yummy" spot and and service was less than par.  My water cup never got filled, our bread was burnt on the bottom, and we didn't get our main dish for over an hour which means we missed our reservations for a play at a local playhouse, and my desert wasn't even sweet!  Who wants a nonsweet desert for their birthday?  Not me!  But, in comparison to the food my company was wonderful.   I always love spending a night out just Targhee and me every once in a while. 
My sister and her husband came in from Sacramento for the weekend which made it even more wonderful.  And on top of all that, she came with news....she's pregnant!  Whoo hoo:)  We're so excited for her. 

I went over to my parents on Saturday and we all played games and then went to eat at Cafe Rio. Then later that night they came to my house for even more games.  Ya we know how to have fun!
Sunday was the BIG family party where me and my brother in law, Aaron, have shared our birthdays for many many years.  Natalie and Tif and their families came to my parents and we played MORE games and had yummy lemon poppyseed cake. Mmmm! 
Monday I of course had to go to school but when I got home Targhee suprised me with presents and more sweet deserts (which don't count on birthdays). 
Please excuse the mop on top of my head.  My hair was all curly and cute that morning but it was snowing pretty bad up on campas and I got caught without a hood or umbrella.  So this is what you get.

 Later that night we all went to the Brick Oven (yes my weekend was filled with lots of food.  My family knows the way to my heart) 

Leilani was so saturated with sugar from the weekend's events she was beyond hyper Monday night, but because of her excessive energy she did  THIS!

Anyway, my 25th year started off pretty good so hopefully that's a foreshadowing for the next 12 months. 
Thanks everyone for making it a great day!

5 comments:

  1. YAY, happy birthday! Did she walk, or just stand by herself? :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a great WEEKEND! Birthdays tend to be less of a big deal when we grow up but I am happy your family made it special for you. I didn't mean to intrude on the party, but I appreciate you letting me crash anyway. It was so much fun! I think you're awesome and I love you! Happy Birthday girl

    Plus... Hooray for Alison!!! I am so happy for her and Taber :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I hate an unsweet desert too. I would consider the Salt Flats across Nevada to be an unsweet desert, but it sounds like you had an unsweet dessert. :) Sorry little sister, had to tease you. Looks like you picked up Dad's spelling gene. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog off of Facebook. Hope that is okay. Way too cute and glad you had a good birthday. My blog is
    cowboystocktonmarriott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Late! :)Sounds like you had a fun time! It is fun to celebrate all weekend ha!!?? We are getting old!

    ReplyDelete