Time out of my home and away from my children is few and far between so I always try to document when it happens.
I got to go out with some friends/fellow young women leaders Friday night to a play one of our young women was in.
Suessical the Musical.
I'd never heard of it but it was pretty darn cute and way fun to just go be entertained.
I loved just sitting and not being needed every five seconds for a drink, or to fix a broken toy, or to take to the potty, or just to be whined at. Thanks Kym and Jessica for not whining at me;)
I got to go out with some friends/fellow young women leaders Friday night to a play one of our young women was in.
Suessical the Musical.
I'd never heard of it but it was pretty darn cute and way fun to just go be entertained.
I loved just sitting and not being needed every five seconds for a drink, or to fix a broken toy, or to take to the potty, or just to be whined at. Thanks Kym and Jessica for not whining at me;)
We needed an extra seat so Camille volunteered to be our stow away in the luxurious "back seat" :)
Then Saturday morning I got up bright and early and headed to Springville to a bridal shower for Erin, a sister I served with from my mission. I haven't been able to attend a lot of things where fellow missionaries have gathered since I don't live around Provo like the rest of the DC mission :) So I was super excited that I could go to this one. I got to spend the morning with these amazing women and can I just say how much I LOVE being around them! They are people who truly make you feel better about yourself just by being in their company. I was blessed to be able to serve with so many amazing sisters and have missed that uplifting feeling they offer. You can just tell they are women of faith, strength, and sincerity. So thank you Heather, Erin, and Mindy for just being you!
Love them!
On my drive home I had time to think to myself and was just so grateful for the little tender mercies of that weekend. I actually had positive uplifting thoughts of my own!
That may sound a little ridiculous to some of you, but positive thoughts aren't often voluntarily floating through my mind. I am regularly fighting off those demons of "I'm not good enough" and "What do I have to offer?"
so hearing myself say "I'm ok." "I am doing ok and I can continue doing ok." was very empowering. I came home refreshed and ready to conquer to role of stay-at-home-mother.
Guess I need to get out more!




No comments:
Post a Comment