If you read THIS post about our family member Bears you will understand the travesty we experienced a couple weeks ago.
I ran downstairs on cue to a toe curling scream and subsequent sobbing from a heart broken Leilani. Through her crocodile tears she said, "Bears got broken!"
Sure enough Bears got too close to the fire and became a burn victim.
His injuries were severe and my heart broke with her as I tried to explain there wouldn't be a whole lot I could do to fix him.
I immediately went to the internet in search of a replacement which we should have done as soon as we found out how attached she was to it, but alas all the ones that looked even close were around $50-$70, a little out of our price range.
That night for bedtime I tried to give him to her, but she refused. He was as good as dead as far as she was concerned.
Well, the "Fix it Felix" in me kicked in and I made a trip to the fabric store. $7 and a few stitches later we had this
I'd say it was a much needed improvement. Perhaps this self destructive act was a silent outcry from Bears for a well deserved make-over.




Oh, boy! I know the devastation of a child when their lovie is damaged. I had a similar situation when Harrison put pooh bear in the drawer under the oven without my knowledge. I had to do some creative repairs. You did an awesome job. Call us doc mcstuffins!
ReplyDelete