Otherwise known as The Bishop Girl's Fantastic February Fweekend!
I'm going to embarrass my sisters for a moment, and I'm actually really looking forward to it;)
Towards the end of February, we had ALL my sisters come and hang out for a sisters weekend.
It had been a long time since we did this, just the sisters. No children or husbands, just some good ol' girl bonding. We had such a great time!
Friday morning we created our own sweat shop and made cute little scripture totes to send to my parents in South Africa to give away to the people they meet.
Callie, Tiffany, Natalie, Melanie, Sandee (our honorary sister for the weekend:)
Taralie, (TJ) Me, and Allison
recreated family photo:
Umm...Callie fits into her 9th grade dance dress. I don't think that's ok. She's had 4 kids!
That night we ate at Roosters on 25th street in Ogden. We were all quite pleased with our meals (If only Tara's had just a few more coconut shrimp:) and we never fail to impress our waiters of our platter licking skills. We may be girls but we know how to empty a plate.
With satisfied tummies we headed over to the Ben Lomond Suites for our night-o-fun.
I've lived in Ogden practically my entire life and have never once been in this building. It's actually very beautiful. It reminded me of a small scale Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
We have started a tradition that when a sister turns fierce, fabulous, and forty they get a quilt block wall hanging symbolizing the qualities we admire and love about them. We each separately make a block and then piece them together. This year was Tiffany's turn and it was so special to all be together to watch her open it.
Quilt blocks from top to bottom:
Melanie: gardening, Natalie: faith, Monica: family/children/foster care
Mom: sewing, Middle: Happy 40th, Callie: sisters
Allison: artistic, Dad: trumpet, Tara: body, mind, and spirit
These next photos are too good to pass up even though I may get some serious repercussions for posting them on the internet:)
We carried on the rest of the night question and answering each other and keeping ourselves awake with various spa treatments.
I don't even know:)
When we were tired enough, we felt it a good time to make fools of ourselves by playing reverse charades.
We also played a bishop girl trivia game created by Callie and then talked until we eventually dropped off one by one.
AND since we had no children to wake us up we got to sleep in:) There was a yummy breakfast provided by the hotel and then we all gathered around the computer to skype with my mom and dad. We did get a "family picture" but I haven't been able to locate the camera that took it yet:)
We then met up with Targhee, Tony, and Jeff (the husbands who live in Utah) and attended a session at the Brigham City Temple and lunch at the Idle Isle.
I'm so grateful to be a part of such an incredible family. I'm grateful that we make time to spend together. I cannot say enough how much I love and admire these women. I have aspired to follow in their footsteps my entire life. They are all very strong, successful mothers who are firm in the gospel and are examples to all around them.
Hopefully we don't have to wait another 10 years to do this again.





I am jealous of all the sisters you have!!!
ReplyDelete