Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter! Happy Easter!



I was proud of that one:)


A family tradition I have tried to keep going:)
Every Easter (or the Saturday before, I believe) I would wake up to the house lined (literally) with candy eggs.  
Every ledge, every corner, every door frame.  
We would race to find our baskets and then frantically scoop as MUCH candy as possible into them.  The funniest thing about this, is that after all our baskets were full we would declare a basket filling winner, and then immediately dump the entire contents of our baskets onto the kitchen table and evenly distribute each piece back into everyone's baskets. By COLOR! When I say even, I mean even:)  Why?  Well, my oldest sister declared this the new rule when my second oldest sister would always win the candy scooping contest and then have more candy than she did:)  
I loved this tradition and have done it in my college apartments with my roommates and now with my own family.


Please notice the candy drool!  She did not even need to be prompted for that one!

She got the candy scooping down pretty good.



The Easter Dress.
My mom made this for her.
I helped...
I made the bows-lol
She calls it her Rapunzel dress and demanded Eugene (aka Flynn Rider...aka Targhee) be by her side for picture taking. 

The happy family... *kinda
*Please see next picture.

THIS is actually what we were dealing with ALL DAY!!
I find humor in the picture only because it's the day after...and all my mom wanted was a cute picture with Leilani in the dress she had made.  Do you think she was going to cooperate?  Nope!

Egg hunt at Grandma Cole's

She lost interest in finding more eggs.  All she needed was a squishy rubber bunny:)

Finding Easter eggs is very serious business to the Cole men.

Or not:)

The booty

This is how TJ searched for eggs.

A Tinker Bell dress.
It was worn the rest of the day.

Dinner at Grandma Bishop's

Egg hunt at Grandma Bishops
(Easter is just another word for candy overload!) 

Leilani with Myriah, one of the little girls my sister is fostering right now.

I feel like this picture needs to go in a magazine or something.
Little girl in a Tinker Bell dress, with a mouth full of candy, counting Easter eggs with her dad.
Love it!

I love holidays and the family traditions they bring mostly because it brings families together.
But among all the festivities, we did not forget the real person who brings families together.
Our Savior Jesus Christ.
Because of Him, our families can be sealed together for eternity.  We will be able to see those loved ones who have passed on again and we will be able to return to live with our Father in Heaven again.  I am truly grateful for the life of our Savior and his sacrifice for us.  It was a world wide sacrifice and yet personal to every one of us. 
He Lives!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun holiday!! And I sure do know how it feels to have a 2 year old. Harrison throws a fit if he doesn't get what he wants. It's really frustrating! But like you, I just have to laugh about it, otherwise I'll go crazy!

    ReplyDelete