Man this two kid thing is exhausting!
My time is completely eaten up with feedings, rockings, bum changings, clean ups, and consoling melt downs (including my own).
I have actually really enjoyed having two kids.
I can't believe three weeks have already flown by.
I can tell it's going to be a lot harder to keep track of happenings.
I'm going to have to keep a notebook right by the rocking chair to write little things down.
So here's a few things we've done since becoming a family of four.
Our first family walk.
We don't have a double stroller yet so we both had to push one:)
I went for a walk on my own while Targhee was at work and I had to strap Leilani to the handle of the single stroller with my Dad's tie so that I could push them both- lol.
Ya, a little white trash, but it was nice outside and TJ needed an outing. I guess you lose a little "so whatness" when you don't sleep much:)
Grandma and Grandpa Fuzzy (aka Grandma and Grandpa Cole) have come to visit a few times. They love their Grandparents!
Helping out with the dishes.
Just a regular day.
Me showing Leilani pictures of when she was a baby and my Dad (who just retired Friday- woohoo! Go Dad!) rocking TJ.
Flying a kite.
Grandma Fuzzy brought Leilani a Cinderella kite. So, here she is wearing her Cinderella dress flying a Cinderella kite. Talk about 2 year old bliss.
This was an adventure!
Leilani decided she didn't need to take a nap (she's been doing that lately...little stinker!) so I brought out the finger paints to keep her busy. Well, of course TJ had to wake up JUST as we were getting our hands dirty. So I left Leilani to go at it while I fed TJ. Needless to say, she had paint EVERYWHERE and I was strapped to the chair with a baby connected to me so there wasn't much I could do about it. I finish feeding him, then go to clean up Leilani. I had to put her in the bath, then go back and scrub the bathroom (where she was painting) then TJ started screaming. I had to change him then he pooped everywhere (a favorite trick of his), so I had to change his clothes and clean up his mess, then I had to go back and finish washing Leilani.
After it was all done, I was so tired and just laughed at myself at how silly I was for pulling out the finger paint. I thought, "Oh! This is what it's like to have two kids. I'm going to learn a lot!" :)
He's starting to focus on us more. The cuddly infant stage is sweet, but they're much more fun when they can interact with you.
Leilani's been spending a lot of time outside lately.
She loves getting all dressed up in princess dresses, but then wants to go play in the mud:)
p.s. She also took another trip to the ER a few weeks ago.
She tripped and hit her head on the corner of the fireplace.
I tell ya, this girl is going to be lucky to stay in one piece.
Gratefully all they needed to do was glue it shut so hopefully the scar isn't too big. If it is, I guess it will just match the other two...
We went and visited some baby bunnies and chicks.
Lately TJ has been throwing these full on colicky fits. His sweet, easy going attitude lasted about 2 weeks, then BAM, on comes the screaming. I don't know what it is. Leilani was a screamer too. I stopped eating dairy, which seemed to help with Leilani so hopefully it helps with him too.
At least with TJ I know that it doesn't last forever.
I remember thinking that this was going to be my curse for the rest of my life when Leilani was a baby, but it wasn't. She got over it and became the sweetest, happiest child. So I have hope that TJ will do same and can deal much better with his episodes than I did before.
In fact, he's having one right now which is why I am sitting here writing this because Targhee is taking a turn. We're great at taking turns:)
He also has his clock turned backwards. "And I'm thinkin'... that's gotta stop." (that's a quote from a movie- candy bar for whoever can guess it- hint: it's one of my favorites) He sleeps all day and then is up all night.
The no sleep thing is starting to wear on me.
I really am not a pleasant person when I don't get enough sleep, so we're hoping to turn this kid around fast!
Saturday night he slept from 11pm-6am. It felt so good but I couldn't keep from feeling guilty that he went so long without eating... he was up til 4am the next night, so it must have just been a tiny present for mom.
Well, I think that's all I have for now. I've already taken too long...time to feed the babes again:)


















You are such a cute mom of 2! :) Your kids are adorable! (and I took special note of the finger painting :) )
ReplyDeleteHaha, that fingerpaint moment was alllll too real for me. Sometimes I feel like a constant gong show! It's SO TOUGH but the tiny moments make it all worth it! Though, sleep deprivation is the worst! Definitely throws a curveball in my mood, that's for sure. (Try Ovol, Ollie used that a lot- he didn't sleep through the night until he was 7 months old though so who am I kidding! haha) Hang in there!
ReplyDelete