Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring Time and Baby Animals

We went up to the American West Heritage Center in Logan Saturday to see the baby animals.
Leilani is in love with animals lately.
What princess doesn't have a spread of woodland creatures gathered around them at one point during their movie? 
Therefore she thinks that all animals should rush to her side and sit on her lap (or if it's a bird, her shoulder) while she tells them stories and sings to them.  She's quite disappointed when the magpies and robins in our backyard don't comply with her wishes. 
So, this was the perfect scenario.  They let you walk right into the animal pen and pet and hold to your hearts desire.
donkey

goats

lambs

pigs

horses

more goats (apparently a different "brand")



calves

bunnies

chicks and ducklings

"I held some chickies.  They were SOO cute and tiny!"

And of course the highlight of the whole trip.  
The pony ride:)
She got to ride a pony at the circus a few months ago and has not stopped talking about it since.  She was on cloud nine riding a pony again.  There was no extra fee for the rides and it wasn't very busy so she got to go TWICE!  Woah!  Talk about one lucky girl:)

Even though she is a two year old in every sense of the word, she always keeps us laughing.  
Some of her recent quotes.
"Darn it! ...I don't know what darn it is"
"Am I cute?  Is my dad gonna whistle at me?"
"No thanks.  I'm just restin"
"Is TJ fussin?"
To a little girl at the park, "My name is The Kitty"
"I'm gonna go exercise so I can get strong." 
After I stuffed last years summer sandals on her feet, "They fit perfectly!"
"Is mommy going to get married?"  "I already got married.  I married Daddy."  "Can I marry Daddy TOO?"
Targhee often calls her out after she toots by saying, "I heard that!" to which she promptly replies, "You heard nuffin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment