A wise friend of mine who will remain nameless... (ok Heather, it's you;) shared with me her experience with being social while being a stay at home Mom.
Having friends is something that is an actual need of mine. You know, there's water, shelter, food...and friends. That's never really been difficult for me because I've always been working or at school or involved in other sorts of activities, but when you're a stay at home mom that can be a pretty tricky thing since, well, you're home.
I really do enjoy being social but at the same time am not usually the one to do the initiating.
Well, Heather, my friend, helped me understand that if I wanted to make and keep friends I needed to be the one to call and invite people or else we would all just be sitting in our homes feeling bad for ourselves because no one ever invited us to do anything:)
So
I have been making a more conscious effort to be the initiator.
Especially since Leilani loves having friends over and often asks if she has any friends to play with that day.
(But please do not be offended if she does not act as happy about it when you actually come over.
She's two...nough said:)
We have really enjoyed our friend visits and hope our social network will continue to grow.
Stay tuned - hopefully you're our next visitor:)





Hahaha, am I the Heather? You are AMAZING! I definitely didn't attempt being social for a loooong time after Madelyn was born. I feel like you have just jumped right back into life, wow. I need to follow my own advice, by the way, I've not been making the effort the last couple of weeks and I feel the "I need friends" feeling coming on haha. I wish we lived closer!
ReplyDelete