Since I am home this summer with just me and Leilani I decided to make a goal to do an active play learning time once a day with Leilani.
It will be like my own personal 30 day challenge...except summer is longer than 30 days...so ya.
I have a list of ideas I am going to try and then I'll post them on here and let ya know how they went.
If you have any ideas just send em on my way. I am really just trying to widen my tool box for toddlers.
Our first day was a success.
All I did was fill up a bowl of water and grab a couple measuring cups and outside we went.
Leilani had so much fun splashing in the water!
She's kind of a tom girl and loves to get dirty so she was all about getting wet.
When the water was all gone we went around the yard collecting rocks and putting them in the bowl.
It was an awesome way to spend an hour, plus the fun of spashing in the bathtub after:)








You're off to a great start! She really seems quite easy to please and entertain, so I think you've got a great idea:keeping it simple, but exploring the world and being silly. Plus, she likes getting messy and dirty and you're willing to let her. You've got it made girl! So give yourself 2 pats on the back-you're an awesome toddler mom!!! Dont' forget trips to the pet store on rainy days. Oh, and I keep a big bucket of rice for rainy days. Same idea as the water: measuring cups and spoons, funnels, etc. I put it on a sheet/table cloth on the floor, and it vacuums up super easy when they're done!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if Tabor will ever allow Annie to get that dirty, but hey if he's not around....Looks like fun to me. Way to go super summer toddler mommy!!! And in just a few weeks we can figure it out together:)
ReplyDelete