Friday, May 3, 2013

TJ Beyond One

The little guy is doing some funny things and I need to write them down before I forget.
He'll be 14 months in a few days and it still blows my mind how much they change in just a month or two.
He has always been a bit of a book snob, picking and choosing only a limited variety that he will actually sit and read (this is in total contrast to his sister) but lately it has gone to the extreme.  We have a selection of  three books:
Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?
(it has to be the one with the slidey pictures) 
Teddy Bear Teddy Bear
and occasionally
My First Book of Learning Words
He will point to a picture over and over and over saying "Dat?" you say, "Duck," he says, "Dat?" you say, "Duck." It's really fun... :)
He has also decided he's a bit of a food snob.
What?
What's that you say?
My monster truck eater has changed his pace and is now quite selective about the foods he decides to swallow.  I say swallow because he will put something in his mouth, chew/suck for a second, and then spits it out and the rest of it goes on the floor.
BOOO!!!!
Keep your fingers crossed this is a phase and not the beginning of a picky eater.  I wouldn't even know what to do with that.

Such a stud on his new rocking horse.

A rare occasion where I walked in the room and he stayed asleep.  I guess he's a light sleeper because I've never been able to catch this before.  Love sleeping babies.

He got his first big boy haircut after Easter weekend.
Before: "Uh Mom! It's time to let go of the locks"
(p.s. We are just barely getting him to keep shoes on. After a year of listening to little old ladies mention how he needs shoes on his feet, I will finally be able to oblige:) 
Luckily the sucker did the trick and he "stayed still" enough that we didn't chop his ear off or anything.  Eek!
After: "Cheers to the new due Mom"
He is a busy body!  But, one of my favorite things is he will come and check in with me with a hug or a little lap time for a second and then be on his way again.  That kind of attention I can handle anytime.
Oh ya! And he also loves to be naked. lol. 
We love this little guy so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment