Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Another One Bites the Dust

We survived another semester!
This means we only have two semesters and one internship left.
I don't know who's counting down more, Targhee or me.
Targhee took on a new job during finals week of this semester.  This meant he left the house at 6:30am (sometimes 5:30) and came home around 9:30pm and then still had to write papers and take finals.  It was a little ridiculous.  Who am I kidding?  It still is ridiculous.  It has been hard having him gone so much but we know this is a good move for our future and we are hoping this is a short term scenario.  (Please let it be short term!)
To celebrate his last final and the end of his training period at work we made him some homemade extra chocolaty brownies.  Yup! The real stuff, not even from a box.  I won't tell you how long they lasted in our house.  Let's just say, Now you see them...now you don't. 
And then took a trip to Salt Lake to see the Mummies.
He had mentioned he wanted to see this exhibit so I got us tickets and made a day out of it.
Leilani was hilarious about the whole thing.  We tried to prepare her for it so she wouldn't be scared.  It worked.  She wasn't scared at all.  In fact, the people around us were passing strange looks as she described what she saw in perfect three year old innocence.
TJ was not intrigued in the slightest.  He and I took a speedy tour and then found an open space to run.  
We ate a delicious lunch at the Olive Garden and called it a day.
I'm grateful for Targhee's continued dedication to his schooling, but most importantly that he is able to keep his family in the forefront.  I know I will be grateful for all his sacrifices in order to provide for our family in the future.  I'm just very much looking forward to the end drawing nigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment