My sweet little boy turned one!
We had a fun party even though he had no idea he was the star of the whole thing.
His Choo-choo train cake.
I couldn't feel my hand for a few hours after squeezing frosting tubes, but I had fun making it.
All dressed up for church and looking dapper in his vest and tie (Targhee's jealous of the vest:)
I could just eat him up!
Chilling on mom's lap eating a string cheese waiting for his guests to arrive. If he could have told me what he wanted for his birthday I think this would have made the list.
I didn't get a picture of it but we had a pretty impressive spread of Cafe Rio salads for dinner. Delish!
I got all the recipes HERE.
Present opening.
He seemed a little confused by the whole ordeal, but was happy to sit on Dad's lap and rip paper.
Leilani knew exactly what it was all about and took as much advantage of new toys as possible.
Best of show: The weiner dog (aka my hot-dog slicer)
I can now get TJ his hot-dogs in HALF the time:) and if you have ever met my son while in the high chair, you can imagine how important that really is.
Prepped for cake demolishing.
This boy knows how to get food to his mouth and this was no time to mess around. He finished his cupcake and looked around for more. There was hardly even a mess to clean up.
I have a balloon and some new batman jammies. I'm a happy one year old!
This little boy has made a permanent place in my heart. It makes me happy just thinking about him. It is so fun to watch him develop and his personality unfold. He is starting to be more aware of what's happening and mimicking our words and actions.
For example:
He will open the bathroom closet and get his toys out when he hears the bathtub water running.
He will walk to his changing table when I say "We gotta change your bum" (and then turn around and run away for me to chase him).
In the mornings when I say, "Let's go get your sister" he takes my hand and leads me to her room.
He leans in and gives kisses with a "MWAH" (he loves kisses! especially from his big sister who is a little stingy with hers:)
He insists on feeding himself which means we both have a spoon in hand for morning cereal. If I ever forget this step I will hear about it.
If you make the snoring sound he will lay his head on a pillow and pretend to sleep.
He has made an entire language using different inflections of "dis" and "dat" pointing to things and demanding to know its name or demanding to have it.
He makes the animal noises of an elephant, zebra, giraffe, and monkey and the occasional dog.
He loves music and dances to the beat.
He is such a fun easy going boy and we love having him in our family.
Stats:
Height: 32 inches 99%
Weight: 20.95 lbs 44%
Head: 46 cm 48%
Happy Birthday TJ BOY!!!!!




Holy amazing cake!!! I am in such awe! Plus, you look super cute in the party pics. I can't believe how fast kids grow! Happy Birthday, TJ.
ReplyDelete