Thursday, March 14, 2013

Princesses On Ice Adventure

We have been looking forward to this night for 4 months (although we didn't tell Leilani about it until 3 days before:)
It was a date with just Leilani and mom and dad. Pretty special. TJ got to spend a night with Grampa Fuzzy.  Thank you!
We started out the only way a date with a three year old should start. McDonald's.
We just figured we would find one off the freeway on the way there.
Perfect. There was one a few minutes down.
We get off and the freeway is backup up clear to the top of the exit. Yup...Perfect.
When we finally pull in, it doesn't have a play place. What 3 year old wants to go to a McDonald's without a playground? Not mine! That's ok we can find another one.  There's like what? 500 from here to Salt Lake?
We stop at one in Bountiful and it actually has a pretty cool play place, but now we're short on time so we let Leilani play before we eat.     
She finds some cute friends and doesn't want to stop playing (exactly why we never let her play first:) I can see she's starting a familiar dance so I ask her to come with me to the bathroom.
In true Leilani style she runs the other way back into the jungle gym.  Not two minutes later I hear her crying from the top.
Yup, she peed her pants.
Just my luck I did not bring any extra clothes.  So cursing under my breath I head over to the store to buy underwear and pants.  I had to take a moment to recapture why I thought this was going to be a fun night but  Targhee, always my greatest positive supporter, got my head back on straight.
Now we were really pushing on time but we made it just before the opening number! Frew!     
We went last year and watched all the adorable little girls dressed up as princesses wondering why we didn't think of that.  We were sure to bring something this time!

Tiana
Please excuse my blurry pictures.
They wouldn't hold still!!
Mickey Mouse and the gang:)
Cinderella
I've kept all three of these pictures not because I think we look so great three times (which is why we attempted three pictures in the first place:), but because I'm loving the photobomb girl behind us!  
haha!
And Leilani really was excited to be there, she's just not as excited about pictures as I am:)

Rapunzel
She chose Pascal as her souvenir and has been carrying him around ever since.
This is what she looked like the entire show.
Our popcorn "tradition."
She remembered that Grandma and Grandpa got some last year and assumed that meant we would be getting some again:)  We didn't disappoint.
Finally ALL the princesses arrived:)

Belle
Snow White
Aurora
Ariel
Mulan
Jasmine
And everyone's current favorite, Rapunzel. Personally though, I think Eugene wins it for me, even more than Rapunzel (and I think Leilani's right there with me. She's often having in depth discussions with him:)  
So even though the night started out a little rough, it turned out perfect and lots of fun to dote on our daughter.  She deserves it.  She's a great big sister:)

No comments:

Post a Comment