Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Forced Vacation

After a particularly hard and long week at home, I convinced Targhee that it would be a good idea for him to take a break and stay home with the family for a few days.  More for my sanity than anything else:)

We spent Wednesday out in the yard cleaning up and doing some winter prep and then headed up the canyon for a hike.  It was more like a short stroll.  But we still had a good time enjoying the beautiful outdoors. 
TJ is happy about his leaf 

Love the fall colors!







Leilani was such a good hiker.  She walked the entire way until the last jaunt to the car.
Her Little Mermaid rock. "Part of your WORLD!!!"

We stopped off at Weber to feed the ducks
The masses of ducks fighting over our meager portion of bread.
So I have to admit that while I was a student here I would curse this stupid pond and wish they would just turn it into more parking, but now that I just get to go up and enjoy its beauty, I'm glad it's here.

On Thursday morning Targhee still had to go to class (darn school:) and then we packed up and headed out to relax with some old people at Crystal Hot Springs. 
We weren't expecting it to be busy in October on a Thursday, and it wasn't, except for a bunch of retired wrinkly old men and women who have nothing better to do than sit in a hot mineral bath:)  It was funny and they chuckled at the kids.
Leilani had a blast and TJ loved splashing in the warm water.


After a few hours, our fingers and toes were as wrinkly as the old peoples' so we forced Leilani out of the pool and headed to Maddox for dinner.  MMMmmm!
That place never disappoints.  And well, we were on vacation!
Of course we weren't quite dressed for such an occasion and I felt a little silly walking in with my wet hair but after looking around at the other tables Targhee asked, "So do you think this is where they put all the people who don't dress up?"  
He was right, so we were fine:)

I am sure grateful for a husband who is wise enough to see when his wife needs him.  It was refreshing to be together as a family for more than 1 hour at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Always good to have some family time! That canyon looks gorgeous and that picture of your little boy with his precious leaf made me smile. Also, I am jealous that you could be swimming outside in October.. just sayin! haha

    ReplyDelete