Friday, January 18, 2013

I Have a Three Year Old?

Things Leilani says or does that make me smile:
All tractors are called "Snorts" 
(please refer to "Are You My Mother?")
Soda Pop is called "Spicy"
All smoke is called "Hexxus" 
(please refer to "FernGully") 
She is always conversing with some imaginary friend.  Most of the time it is Casper (her friendly ghost) but it ranges anywhere from Ursula to a mouse.
She believes all animals want to sit on her lap or rest on her shoulder.
She talks like a 20 year old from a 3 year old's perspective, so she is always saying funny things.
Today, for example, we were Skyping with my parents and they asked her about some birthday presents she got.  After a few questions she ended the interrogation by saying, "I can't speak of such things."

We got to have her birthday in California this year, which was a little unexpected but ended up being so fun to have my family from California there to celebrate with us!
My Big Three Year Old!
We went to a children's jumping gym to let some energy out
My sister Allison, her husband, and their daughter Annie came to play with us.

Then we went swimming in my sister's hot tub.
Who get's to go swimming outside in January?  We don't! So that was pretty special.
Leilani's cousins Carter, Abby, and Zach also joined us.

She helped make her cupcakes
We called them "Brier Rose" cupcakes and she was pretty pleased with that.

Opening presents!
She got lots of activities to help us out on the drive back to Utah as well as some new movies she was excited about.
More princesses to add to her castle she got for Christmas. 

She was set on putting the candles on herself.  I guess three year olds are really into this independent thing:)  
Oh what the heck! Go for it Leilani:)
It's my party and I'll lick the cake off the table if I want to.

We can't believe that we have a three year old! I am liking her getting older, though.  There are so many independent things a three year old can do! But, this can also be a source of frustration because there are still so many limitations, as well.  
She is in what I'm calling "The Extremes."  She can be so cute and fun that you can hardly stand it and then the next minute be so darn stubborn and ornery that you can hardly stand it:)  My sister described her as "Hilarious, but a ticking time bomb that you're never quite sure what's gonna set her off."  Yup! That's about right:)
We love her so much and are exited for the year of THREE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, boy!! She is officially 3!!!! I loved your sister's description of Leilani. It totally cracked me up. It sounds like another little 3 year old that I may know ;)

    ReplyDelete