Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lessons Learned From a Cake Mix

Although licking the beaters may be one of the best things in life, the biggest lesson I've learned... 


Is to just add water:)









Also, it's been a few weeks, but Leilani has now advanced to "the big girl bed."
The transition wasn't near as hard as I anticipated, but look at it...can you blame her?
I asked her to act like she was sleeping.  
She still couldn't wipe the smile off, though:)
Naming all the princesses.
Right now she is really into Rapunzel.
She loves brushing my hair while I sing "flower gleam and glow" and telling me "Outside is a dangerous place."  
With her little munchkin voice, it is probably one of the cutest phrases I've heard her say and I have to try to keep a straight face while I say, "Yes Mommy." 
You would think the roles would be reversed, but Leilani HATES getting her hair brushed.
Doing her hair is a battle every single day which brakes my heart.  
When I found out she was a girl, I was walking to school and saw a mom with an adorable little girl with her hair all done up cute.  I thought, "Oh I can't wait to be able to do my little girl's hair.  Hey!  I get to do my little girl's hair!!"  and that was the first thing that really got me excited about having a girl.  Now, I either have to bribe her or pin her to the floor in a lock hold:)
It's ok though, sometimes I am the mom, or Eugene, or Pascal (which she is convinced is a frog and will not back down no matter how many times we try to tell her it's a chameleon:)
The other day she found a frying pan in our kitchen and said, "I have a person in my closet!"
It took me a second but it kept me laughing for quite a while until she decided that I was Eugene and she needed to hit me with it...uh oh!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is all so fantastic! I,love the repunzel play she does... I can imagine she keeps you guys rolling with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so stinkin cute! I love her pricess bed and I am very jealous. We need to have a play date. I think they will have a blast together.

    ReplyDelete