Wednesday, July 20, 2011

At 18 months

My little munchkin is now 18 months old and you know what that means...
NURSERY!!!
haha...she actually is doing really well in nursery and I see this being the start of a good streak at church.
Here's a little update.
  • “Come here” means run away
  • will eat almost anything put in front of her
  • She is quite advanced in speaking.  She can say anything she wants to say and her vocab just continues to increase by the day.  She never ceases to amaze me by the words she knows.  The other day I was reading her a nursery rhyme book and decided to leave off the last word of each line.  She could fill in every word.  It blew my mind!  She knows more than she's even letting on:)
  • She just recently starting playing pretend with babies.  She'll say "baby hungry" and put the baby in the high chair.  She'll say "baby change your bum" and go to the changing table.  She'll say "baby sleeping" and wrap her in a blanket and pat her and sing to her.  Pretty cute!
  • She's a little parrot copycat.  Not just the words we say but she will copy everything we do.  Guess I better be a little more discreet in my actions.
  • Her favorite show is "munkmunk" aka The Chipmunk Adventure.  It was Targhee's childhood favorite so he loves that she loves it.  She could watch it every day but we try to limit it to just when necessary.
  • Because of her love of the aforementioned movie, every time she puts a hat on her head she sings, "Eyeyeyeyeye love you very much" and no one else understands why:)
  • The first thing you will hear from her is “HI.”  It’s kind of her trade mark.  As soon as she enters a room or even sees a face she very loudly and confidently says “HI” as if to say, “I am here.  Now the fun can begin.”
  • If she could take the color test right now she would be a full blown YELLOW!  Life is all about being with and around people and having fun.
  • Stats: Height 34 inches, 90% and weight 26.5lbs, 75%
She has been such a fun toddler.  It has been a joy for me to watch her explore everything around her and see her personality develop even deeper.  I know we have some crazy twos ahead of us, but if I can just remember how sweet she can be, I think we'll be ok!

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute Monica! I just want to give her hugs and kisses :-)

    ReplyDelete