Saturday, October 9, 2010

After 6th months of wishing

 I was introduced to this website (http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/) about six months ago and have wanted to do this project ever since.  Because of other priorities and obligations I didn't get to it as fast as I wanted to, BUT I finally finished it!   
My dad has stacks of unused scraps of wood tucked in his garage and I asked if I could sift through them to find a piece to paint.  I found the perfect one and had him cut it into three equal peices.  I primed them, picked out the colors I wanted to match my bedroom, and used the template from the website and a projector to trace the image on the boards. 
I couldn't get a very good "whole" view of my bedroom and I'm not quite finished decorating the room the way I would like it, so here are the important pieces.  I made the curtains when we first moved into our apartment and then when I saw this project on the website I new I had to make it. The pattern is almost identical to the fabric in my curtains!  The best part is, the whole thing cost be about 6 bucks!  All I did was buy the sample sized paint from Lowes and a paint brush.  The rest was FREE:)  You could probably pay hundreds of dollars for something like that in a home decor store, so I'm pretty pleased:)  
Bring on the projects! 

3 comments:

  1. Why do you have to be so thrifty AND talented?! Holy cow, it is beautiful! I seriously need to do craft night with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's way cool! Good job! Now can you teach me how? :-)

    ReplyDelete