Monday, September 27, 2010

Precious Moments

Tonight I have to share a precious moment with my sweet Leilani.  Leilani is a busy wiggly little girl, always on the go ready for the next event so these moments don't come to me very often (especially the last few weeks since she's been starting to get teeth- one is just barely starting to pop out).  Usually when I give her a bottle right before bedtime she falls right to sleep and I slip her into bed with her unconscious, but tonight she didn't fall asleep.  After she finished her bottle she just laid there in my lap.  She smiled at me and let me talk to her and play with her, but she didn't try to push me away or get up, she just laid there.  After a while she got this tired little giggle that just melted my heart.  We sat there together for almost 15 minutes!!!  And then she sweetly put her head on my shoulder while I sang to her and put her to bed, which she did without a complaint.  It's moments like those that make being a Mom worth every minute.  AND it's moments like those I need to remember during the other not so sweet moments:)  Thank you, Leilani.  I Love You!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! That is so smart to write that down right away so you can look back and remember that moment for years to come! It is the litte moments! Carter giggled in the pool today for almost 30 minutes. It was the best sound ever! Why doesn't he make that sound more often? Why on earth would he choose to whine and cry and scream so much when he could be happy and laughing? I'll never know, but thank goodness that he reminds me every once in a while why he's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monica, you have a cute blog! I found it off of your FB page. You are welcome to view ours, if you like, but it's private. So send me your email via facebook and I'll send you an invite. :) ...Hope you're not weirded out by me blog-stalking you haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Callie:) Leilani is a whiner too, and nothing gets under my skin more than the whine, but I'm trying really hard to be patient. Sometimes I think Heavenly Father says the same thing about me. Why does she choose to whine and cry so much when she could just be happy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such an angel... you are an amazing mother to her and she is lucky to have you! What a doll :-)

    ReplyDelete