Can you believe it? Targhee is half the way over the hill!!! Every year, the number just sounds older and older, and 25 is defininetly one of those older sounding ones! I must say that he is aging quite well, though:)
He has been an amazing husband and father and I wanted to do something for him that would make him feel as loved as Leilani and I feel for him. So since his birthday was on a dull, yucky Monday filled with work and school, we had to make it an all weekend celebration. Friday night we went out to eat with his family and my parents at La Ferrovia. One of our favorite restaraunts. If you've never been to this quaint 25th street Italiana treat, you are definitely missing out on one of the only good things Ogden has to offer. We enjoyed visiting with our family and Leilani got to experience her first lemon!!
He has been an amazing husband and father and I wanted to do something for him that would make him feel as loved as Leilani and I feel for him. So since his birthday was on a dull, yucky Monday filled with work and school, we had to make it an all weekend celebration. Friday night we went out to eat with his family and my parents at La Ferrovia. One of our favorite restaraunts. If you've never been to this quaint 25th street Italiana treat, you are definitely missing out on one of the only good things Ogden has to offer. We enjoyed visiting with our family and Leilani got to experience her first lemon!!
If you look closely you can see the pain in her eyebrows, and yet she kept going back for more. It was hillarious.
Saturday, Leilani and I decorated the house (Leilani was SO much help) wrapped some presents and made Targhee a cake. When he got home from work we gave him a card with tickets to the State Fair. There, we saw a hypnotist, paid way too much for a plate of Panda Express, saw Moooo cows, Baah sheep, Cockadoodledo chickens and roosters, hog races, and even some seals! (a little out of place amongst the farm animals, but cute little performers).






Leilani did so well the whole night but was exhausted by the time we left.
After we got home we had a rip roaring game of scrabble.
Sunday, Leilani wore a special birthday outfit for Daddy. It was the very first outfit we bought for her after we found out we were having a girl. Targhee picked it out and I remember thinking it was so tiny, but we've had to wait until she was 8 months old to wear it and it was still a little big:)
Sunday night we had a roast beef dinner and cake and icecream at my parent's home. I made the cake. It didn't turn out too bad for a first timer:)
Monday it was finally time for presents!!
Happy 25th Birthday Targhee! WE LOVE YOU!!!




I didn't know you had a blog...Hooray now I can blog stalk you:) Happy Birthday Targhee. Love you Sister Bishop...I mean Monica:))
ReplyDeleteThat is so much fun! You are such a sweet wife :-) It's hard to make birthdays unique as we get older, but you definitely still have the touch. And that cake!!! Seriously, awesome! My first cake decorating attempt was a disaster, like someone threw up colored frosting. You have quite a talent :-)
ReplyDelete