My friend got me hooked on this website http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/ and now I've become a thrifty decorating machine. Ok not really. But I'm trying to make our apartment look a little more loved and she lets you know how to do it on a budget.
I made this the other night. It looks a little amateur and there were a few times I was certain I had bombed it (you wouldn't believe what I went through to try and get those colors to match:) but once I hung it up, I was quite proud.



The whole thing cost me about $12!
I bought the frame, took out the glass and spackled the back board to give it some dimension. Then I arranged embroidery hoops in a design I liked and glued them to the board. Finally, I painted! Vwala!




I LOVE IT!! I am so proud. Don't you just love that website. it is addicting. It looks awesome. Love ya
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty! Maybe even I could do it :-) Good work
ReplyDelete