At 5 months old, Leilani...
Rolls over from her back to her stomach, usually only to the right. Occasionally she'll roll from her tummy to her back but mostly not on purpose so she looks extra surprised when it happens.
Pushes up on her hands and tippy toes in an attempt to crawl, but ends up moving backward instead of forward. This causes all sorts of distress when the toys end up farther away than when she started.Loves company. She giggles and laughs at almost anyone who will play with her. The ribs are her ticklish spot.Has a special twinkle in her eyes when she plays with Dad. She's a daddy's girl! Grabs her toes and pulls them to her mouth.
Sucks her thumb. Will not bend her torso. If her legs are in the horizontal position, so is the rest of her body. If her legs are in the vertical position, so is the rest of her body. We're working on that.Bed time is 8pm and she knows it. She is a grumpy gus from about 5 o'clock on and can hardly wait for her head to hit the pillow. Awake time is 6am. Much to my dismay (I'm not the happiest early morning person) But I will gladly take a full nights sleep to be awake at 6am over waking up every three hours during the night. weight: 13lbs (25%)height: 25 1/2 in (80%)Her body is ALWAYS moving. I think she sleeps so well because she uses so much energy while she's awake. She wants to see, hear, touch, chew, everything! Nothing really gets by this one.
Recently started letting me rock her. Since the day she was born, she did not like being held like a baby or rocked. She just screamed the whole time. She's starting to embrace her softer side and lets me rock her for just a few minutes. I'll take what I can get:) Just started eating rice cereal. I'm not sure how much she actually EATS but the spoon at least gets to her mouth. 
(watching a baby develope brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "baby steps" :)
We love our little Leilani Bug!
She is so pretty, Mo! I love the picture of her in her Bumbo... what a fun baby :-)
ReplyDelete