Fireworks at West Point.
So lame.
They started late and then showed about five fireworks over a ten minute period. Then after another five minute break someone announced they were having technical difficulties.
Leilani enjoyed herself regardless and squealed at all five fireworks proclaiming she liked the ones that make loud BOOMS!
Pop its...Made for 2 year olds! (and 2 year olds at heart:)
He's ticklish. Best giggles in the world!
Cotton Candy.
I think the bag lasted about 3 seconds!
TJ "enjoying" the fireworks.
The next day we headed up to Bear Lake for a little family fun.
Of course it had to be raining.
The temperatures had been close to 100* for about a month and the day we go to the lake...it rains.
I cursed the skies the whole drive up there and then remembered the many families that were suffering because of the crazy wild fires going on and how the Governor of Utah had asked congregations and communities to pray for these families. It dawned on me that this rain was most likely an answer to those prayers. I soon repented of my negative thoughts and decided I didn't need to be so selfish about a little vacation.
We huddled in my sister's trailer until the rain stopped.
I would now like to introduce you to the land of smiles.
Bear Lake is my happy place.
I have gone every year since I was two and now please notice the smile on my own two year old's face.
The legend continues.
Leilani was SO excited to sleep in a tent!
Notice her arms opened in two year old singing bliss.
TJ was a rock star!
This is how I was awakened at 5:30am.
She was so happy but didn't realize that just because our tent was getting light didn't mean it was time to get up...
I tried to keep her quiet for about 30 minutes but a 2 year old can only last so long.
FINALLY warm enough to put the swim suit on and go to the LAKE!
TJ chillin on the beach with my sister Natalie
Most people try to avoid the slimey weeds, but not Targhee. Nope. He goes right through them:)
The water was really high again this year but it still left us a slight beach for digging and sand castles.
Saturday night we did a little sparkler action at home and considered our 4th of July complete.
Happy 4th of July!!


























No comments:
Post a Comment