Friday, February 10, 2012

What Are Them Things? Koala Bears?

If anyone other than my family can name the quote from my title I will give you a candy bar:)

A friend of mine told me about the Kangaroo Zoo in Ogden.
Never heard of it before but totally worth a visit.
It's a building full of bouncy toys!
How cool is that!!
It's only 5 bucks for kids two and under and I found a $2 discount on facebook.  Plus, you don't have to pay to be the watcher. 
(p.s. I would take socks- I had to walk around bare foot cuz I wore flip flops and they make everyone take off their shoes...)

Leilani was a total chicken for about 15-20 minutes.
This is her trying to get away from all the fun bouncy things!!
My child is bouncing off the walls every day anyway so I thought this would totally be her thing, but sometimes she has this scared-y-cat side that we just have to work through.
I think if we could have gone in with her she would have been fine but there was a weight limit on the toys that neither me nor Targhee met...(imagine that -perhaps another non prego time:) so she had to overcome on her own.


Finally she saw two little girls about her size having fun and followed them into a toy.
Success!!

This is what I expected to see from the very beginning:)




I can't believe she actually climbed this thing and went down the slide.  It was a pretty steep drop, even for me.

I'm lucky to have even gotten this shot because she was falling so fast!
She looked a little worried when she hit the bottom then moved on to a new toy:)

p.s. apparently you must be a pregnant mother to come to this place because almost every other mom chasing their toddler was also pregnant.
I found it amusing.
I trumped them all with "time done" so I gladly sat on my chair and watched while they lost and found their children over and over again and while Targhee kept a close eye on ours:)

We ended our event at Taco Bell.
Mmmm
Leilani had burned so much energy, she inhaled her quesadilla and then proceeded to eat most of mine and Targhee's tacos:)

Love it when we have fun things to do!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love this place, we will have to take our girls together sometime. Wade loves to play with Emery there too. I am glad you found it, there are always coupons in hometown values too. We need to hang out again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quigley Down Under! Where's my candy bar?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't you read? "Anyone OTHER than my family:)" But, yes, you win the prize!!

      Delete