I am starting school on Monday.
Tear.
But I wanted to share the list of things I planned to do with Leilani this summer that we didn't get to.
That way all of you can do them with your kids and take pictures and send them to me...k!
- Ivory snow soap flakes and food coloring (found in the detergent aisle). These are fun to play with in the bathtub
- make puppets and have a puppet show
- finger painting
- make cookies or bread or cake...just bake
- make a photo album of family members and teach them everyone's name (we have done this, but it was never an official activity)
- punch holes in a piece of cardboard in the shape of animals or designs and let them string a piece of yarn through the holes
- Inflate a beach ball 3/4 of the way and let them go at it
- buy the cheap sponges and cut them into fun shapes and let them help you "clean up" while you're cleaning
- colored ice cubes in the bathtub
- dress ups
- make a specific Art Space designated for art activities and creativity
- PBS play online
- hide and seek with toys (we used to do this with my family all the time we would say warm or cold, or sing soft or loud depending on if the child was close to finding the object or not)
- bowl of water and a paint brush and let them paint the rocks or sidewalk
- bean bags and buckets
- washable water color paints
- take a bus ride to the city and explore
- go to the fish farm
Obviously, I didn't get through half of my list. But we had so much fun this summer and I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Happy Activity-ing




No comments:
Post a Comment