Saturday, August 27, 2011

Big Changes

Well my life went from being fairly simple for the past few months to a complete stress case in a matter of weeks because of a few big changes that are happening right now.
(which is the cause for being awake at 5am even though I've been practically sleep walking through my week because of exhaustion)

Reason #1
Student Teaching
I have finally hit the dreaded wall in my field of study.  This is the semester of do or die and even though I might just die doing it, I am going to do it because if I do...well then, I can graduate in DECEMBER and be done!  Pow!  All finished!  And never have to register for another class in my life UNLESS I want to:)  Which I'm sure I will because I do enjoy school, but student teaching is always a grueling time for prospective teachers. Luckily I have been assigned to a wonderful 3rd grade teacher who I'm happy to work with and who is helpful, calm, organized, and a fantastic example.  I will only be with her for six weeks until I am moved to a jr high to teach math which has yet to be determined where I will be placed. 

Reason #2
We're Moving
Yup, that's right.  We are leaving our little 2 bedroom apartment in the Terrace for a big back yard, more space, cheaper rent, a built in babysitter, AKA my parent's house:)
Since I have now become a full-time working mom with no pay, it is the best thing for our family to do right now.  Half of my house is packed and tucked away at Targhee's parent's house and the other half is waiting to be transferred to my parent's.  What would we do without parents?
Student Teaching does not lend itself to a lot of extra time so trying to pack has been interesting and I will be very glad when it is all done.

Reason #3
This
Apparently it's time for me to make an official announcement since facebook keeps trying to do it for me:)
We are adding another little baby bean to our family.
I will attempt to answer all of your questions right now that way you won't need to ask when you see me.  Aren't I nice:)
We won't find out what it's going to be for another six weeks, so don't ask.
Yes, I have been sick.
Yes, I feel better now.
Yes, I've had weird cravings.
Yes, I've been moody.
Yes, I'm tired.
No, it wasn't an accident.
No, I don't care whether it's a girl or a boy.
No, we don't have a name yet.
Yes, we are very excited.
I am 13 weeks.
My due date is March 5, 2012.
Did I get everything?  Haha!  As you can tell I'm not a big fan of the cliche questions and try to put them off for as long as possible:)  But we really are very excited for this new chapter in our lives.  I've always known that Leilani is going to be a great big sister and am happy that she will have a playmate. 

Right now I'm just very grateful for a supportive and understanding husband and family.  They have been so wonderful and I love them very much.

4 comments:

  1. Aaaaah!!! I am so excited for you... that makes me very happy. I love you guys so much and I am so happy for you to have another baby. I wondered when your sister posted a comment on your student teaching post on FB :-) Ha ha Love you! Congrats friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Congrats, that is wonderful news! :) I'm glad you're almost done with school, that will be such a relief, lol. And moving is exciting, too, as well as another cute kiddo. :)
    ...So a couple weeks ago we were at the park and Logan saw a little girl who he thought looked like Leilani. He kept calling her "Lani" and was wondering why she kept ignoring him. lol ...I think her name was Ashley or something like that. I thought it was cute and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very exciting! I laughed out loud when you answered all those questions that EVERYONE asks, HAHAHAHA, I love it! Hey I baby sit every Tuesday and Wednesday my little nephew so I am home if you even need me to watch your little one I am very willing and I do not live very far from your parents house! Best of luck with all your stress. December isn't too far away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats monica! this is exciting news indeed! your parents are going to be soo helpful during this time of transition for you guys! i hope all goes well with everything! miss you!! :)

    ReplyDelete