I'm really starting to like creating my own things to decorate my little apartment. We recently purchased a new couch. This was our old one. We did have a cover over it so the crazy flowers weren't as blinding, but it was time for a new one.
The new couch needed something more so I made it some pillows.
It took me forever to find the right fabric, but when I found this one, I thought, "It's kinda crazy...but I like it!" I think it adds really well to my living room color scheme.
I've also been staring at my empty walls for the past 10 months and finally decided on a wall hanging. I really like the word art and vinyl lettering but I wanted something a little more personal than "Live, Laugh, Love" and the other clique things in the stores.
While visiting my sister in Kentucky I realized something that helped change my outlook on my life. Their life wasn't perfect, they had difficult things going on, as everyone does, but they were happy. They laughed as a family and enjoyed what was happening at the moment. I realized that I needed to find more time to laugh in my own life and it reminded me of a talk given by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin just before he passed away. So this is what I came up with by taking the key points from his talk.
It is a good reminder to me of the good examples I have in my life and to enjoy the journey in whatever lies ahead of me.
Anyway, these are my latest projects, and I've had a lot of fun making them. I can't say I've done them completely on my own though. I've had a lot of help. My mom came with me to pick out the fabric for my pillows. My friend, Haley, came with me to buy the wood for my wall hanging. My dad helped cut the wood and piece it together. And, my friend, JaLynn, let me use her cricut to cut out the letters. So, maybe that is why it has been so fun to do these projects because it has given me a chance to get together with people that mean a lot to me.
Thanks for all the help:)







I love your new couch, pillows, and the vinyl lettering. It's all so cute!
ReplyDeleteP.S I privatized my blog. What's your e-mail so I can add you to the list?
Oh WOW!!! I LOVE your new wall hanging. You are amazing, Mo! I seriously may pay you to make me one, once I find a quote. You really are very talented :-)
ReplyDeleteHow cute Sis! I got into your blog and I'm really impressed. I wanna one of those! =D
ReplyDelete