Wednesday, September 18, 2013

TJ at 18 Months

Ahh! I'm 18 months old!!
This little man seriously makes my day.
He is getting too stinkin smart.
He's starting to talk and will repeat practically anything you ask of him almost perfectly, but is only barely starting to use words voluntarily.
He will sing with me though.  I can leave off the end of a sentence to almost any nursery song and he will fill in the missing word, or letter in the case of the ABC's.
My favorite thing he says is "ai oo" (Thank you!) He will say it a million times a day and any time I give him anything.  I hope he continues to cultivate this heart of gratitude.  It's a good quality to have:)
He likes to count with me and point to things in a book but usually gets stuck on repeat of "two tree two tree two tree." 
He is one of the most easy going people I know.  He adapts well to change and is always happiest when there are people around.
So far I can pretty much handle anything this kid dishes out to me but he has begun a habit of whining that I think should cease, if not immediately, very shortly!  I guess nobody's perfect:) 
He does spend quite a bit of time with this stroller.  Obviously the little seat is gone in this picture, but he loves figuring out how things work so when the seat is assembled... he snaps the little belt together and then pushes it over to me and says "open" so he can do it again and again. 
I told him to say "CHEESE" 
It has taken some time but he is learning to love books and is willing to sit just a tiny bit longer.
 He's such a loving boy and always ready to give some mooches.
He must have worked pretty hard on this hairdo one night.
He is still an awesome eater!  I have yet to find something that he absolutely refuses to eat.  Hallelujah to good eaters!!

He has a strange obsession with doors.  They must ALWAYS be shut!  OR if at any time they must be opened, they must be thrust completely opened until you hear the banging sound of them hitting the wall.  Sigh.  Sorry, Mom and Dad, there are a few TJ original door dents in the walls...

TJ is notorious for hiding objects.  He loves to stick things into other things.  Many belongings have been lost via TJ, including an enormous garbage can lid (never found it by the way) several shoes, my hand held mirror and who knows what else. He is the male version of Cinderella.  I have a whole collection of just ONE shoe.
This is me playing operation on the heater vent.
And here's all his trinkets and treasures he stuffed in there. 

And in spite of what these pictures portray he does love his sister very much!
He spends hours chasing her around, and like all little brothers, gets his giggles from tormenting her.
And apparently she gets a few from tormenting him as well:)

He is such a sweet, loving boy.  I am grateful everyday that he was sent to our family. He has been such a great blessing in all our lives (and even though you might hear differently from Leilani, she kinda likes him too:)

I can't believe he's not a baby anymore!  These numbers are proof that he's a BIG boy!
Height: 35.5 inches  99%
Weight: 26.8 pounds  82%
Head: 47 cm  39%

1 comment:

  1. Is he really 18 months old?! That is crazy! I seriously can't believe it...our kiddos keep on growing! He looks so cute and happy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete