Monday, October 31, 2011

Slacker

I don't know if you can call being a student teacher slacking or not, but I have been slacking on keeping up with Leilani's ever growing vocabulary and everything else that comes along with becoming a two year old.
So, here's some things I can remember right now... (while I AM being a slacker with lesson planning:)
  • She calls herself "Yani"  She cannot say her "L's" yet.  (didn't really anticipate that one when we chose the name) but for right now it's pretty cute.
  • The other day I hid around the corner from the bathtub to watch her play.  After a while I asked her what she was doing and she replied, "Making funny faces."
  • She has a BIG bucket of Lego's which she often dumps all over the floor,  yesterday she climbed into the bucket, ducked down as far as she could and said, "Leilani the Grouch!"  I still chuckle.
  • If you ask her what time it is her response is always, "night night time"
  • She can often be found dancing around the house wearing a "pretty dress" singing "I know you...dance upond a dream" -and no that was not a typo:)
  • If she sees something that looks yummy...aka cake or something, she won't ask for some she'll just lick her lips and say, "ooh! yook at dat!"
  • She is still a pretty good eater although she has slowed down some (thank goodness) but at dinner time when I tried to give her some green beans, she tasted them, then said, "Green beans...yike em?  No I don't!"
  • My mom has been taking care of her while I've been student teaching this semester.  She took her to the store and unbuckled her from her car seat.  Leilani immediately ran to the opposite side of the truck.  My mom said, fine, shut the door and walked around to the other side.  As soon as she opened the door Leilani ran to the other side.  My mom sighed and said, "This is not a fun game!"  Leilani replied, "Yes it are!"
  • She watches Dinosaur Train in the mornings and therefore can say almost all of the dinosaur names.  Hearing a 22 month old say "triceratops" is pretty funny.  Why are kids so enthralled with dinosaurs?
  • She finally started saying "I yuv you" (again without an "L") Nothing melts my heart more than when she runs and gives me a hug and says, "I yuv you Mamma!"
There are many more, but as you can see she has developed quite a sense of humor.  I enjoy seeing how she makes connections with the world around her and am amazed by the things she catches on to.  Too smart for her own good!  (Doesn't every parent say that?)

No comments:

Post a Comment